NOWNESS is a movement for creative excellence in storytelling, celebrating the extraordinary of every day. Launched in 2010, NOWNESS’ unique programming strategy has established it as the go-to source of inspiration and influence across art, design, fashion, beauty, music, food, and travel. Our curatorial expertise and award-winning approach to storytelling is unparalleled. We work with exceptional talent and both established and emerging filmmakers which connect our audience to emotional and sensorial stories designed to provoke inspiration and debate.
NOWNESS is a global video channel screening the best in culture, and is powered by Dazed Media, the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther and NOWNESS.
We are based in London and we’re excited to be recruiting for a core member of our team.
** DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER **
Overview: We are recruiting for an ambitious Social Media Editor looking to grow with our
channel who will take the lead in driving traffic to NOWNESS content across digital platforms.
Job Title: Social Media Editor
LOCATION: London, England (hybrid)
Reporting to: Managing Director and Creative Director
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
● Developing and ensuring daily delivery against the Social Media schedule;
programming, writing, developing and activating engaging social media campaigns in
accordance with the NOWNESS tone of voice.
● Overseeing editorial and branded strategies across all SM channels (Instagram,
TikTok, Facebook, X, Pinterest etc), in collaboration with both the editorial and
commercial partnership teams.
● Advising the team on creation of assets needed to enhance effectiveness of SM
postings (eg. to make compelling images and gifs)
● Work with creative team to ideate and deliver commercial partnership proposals
● Reporting on performance and upcoming strategies at weekly team meetings;
monitoring and responding to analytics in real time.
● Advising colleagues and filmmakers on the delivery of assets for use across
NOWNESS social channels.
● Developing and maintaining marketing relationships
● Developing, managing and growing relationships with external seeding partners
● Managing Social Media Assistant and training interns to support with output
● Curating the NOWNESS Picks module (a selection of the best content from the web
not made in-house)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
● A digital native, with a passion for engaging audiences through social media
● A great track record of using social media and an extensive understanding of all the
● A genuine admiration for short film and understanding of the NOWNESS vision
● Confident use of scheduling platforms and asset creation tools necessary to run agile
and complex social activation campaigns
● A strong understanding of analytics and metrics to track and develop performance of
own work and that of the team
● Ability to keep track of platform changes that affect social campaigns and proactively
adapt our strategy to ensure NOWNESS reach grows
● Proven ability to write reactive and engaging copy to high editorial standards
● Excellent organisational skills with proactive problem solving, prioritisation and top
notch communication style both internally and externally
● Ability to plan ahead and work methodically, at the same time as adapting to
● Ability to devise and develop efficient and effective processes to manage varying
workloads and time pressures
● In-depth knowledge of the Nowness archive, brand and output
● A broad range of cultural interests across film, music, fashion, food, art
● Experience working within a brand or media platform desirable